Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Please tell me I'm not the only one...

Last summer before the wedding I was living at home with my parents for about a month. As I've mentioned before, J and I don't have cable, but while living with my parents, I was able to watch as much cable as I liked.


During this time, I began to watch the train wreck otherwise known as Secret Life of an American Teenager on ABC Family. This is really one of the worst television shows on that I've ever seen. But you want to know what's really awful? I am still watching it. One year later. Without cable.

What's that you're asking? How do I watch a show on ABC Family without cable? Well, let me tell you. I watch it online.

I know. I deserve to have my internet cut off for using it for such a terrible crime. Because really watching this show is a crime. The acting, the plots, the dialogue...it's all just terrible, but I keep watching because I want need to know what's going to happen next!

So...anyone else out there watch this incredible series? Or am I really the only one?

13 comments:

  1. Oh no, I do it too! I think the worst acting belongs to Ben. I only keep watching because I need to know what happens next, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch it....but I do have other show addictions that I can't type..*cough* rock of love *cough*

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I could not get enough of Rock of Love. I feel so bad about that. It was not appropriate at all, but I was addicted to the stories.

    I have to say that I couldnt not get into that ABC Family show. It really just upsets me. I have been on this rant about teenage pregnancy and media. Dont think bad of me. "It's just a phase."
    To prove I'm not a hater, I do own Juno and watch it regularly.

    TV just entangles us so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daisy of Love, The Hills, and The City are some of my favorites at forty. Daisy of Love, now come there could be no bigger shame. Sometimes it's nice to not think.
    Whatcha cookin? Would love to see you at Tasty Kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, since we're going for open admittance: I watched (and have been known to keep it on if it's on still) because my students love it.

    You're right. It's horrible.

    And yet, I don't hate it. (But I will say I do to anyone who asks!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've watched a couple of episodes and I see how it can be addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAH! I tried to watch this show a couple of times but just couldn't do it. My mom feels the same way you do about it: She knows its awful but she just keeps watching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA!! I LOVE series... Mr. R and I wait for new things to come out and make sure our DVR is set! You are NOT the only one!!

    Thank you so much for your hugs yesterday…

    Tomorrow’s bad day is behind me and today we celebrate with a Fabulous Giveaway!! Thanks, again, for your “virtual hugs” :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sadly started watching this when it first came out, and you are so right--it's like a trainwreck! You can't stop watching it, even though you know it's awful. This season though, has reached a new low, and I think I may be able to break my addiction. It's that bad of acting. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol!! i have never seen the show, but I think I may be intrigued enough to add yet another time waster to my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG i just stumbled on your blog & it's so funny this is your top post about secret life! My husband & I watch it every week, even tho YES IT IS the worst thing ever written! haha i dont know how they keep drawing us back every week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I watch it too, here I thought I was the only one. It really is the worst show in the entire world and the plot line has become so weird and far fetched, but I am hooked and cannot stop!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...embarassed to admit...i watch Daisy of Love!

    ReplyDelete