Friday, July 24, 2009

Wedding Dress

I've decided to play along with Kelly's "Show us your Life - Wedding Dress" today! It only seems appropriate since we're just two days before our one year anniversary!

I tried on a total of 3 dresses, and the dress I ended up with, I hadn't even picked it out to try on. The girl at the shop, Bridal Elegance in Richmond, suggested I try it on because she thought it would look good on my body type. I said okay, mostly to be polite. I have this weird complex where I feel bad when I don't want to do something that the store worker wants me to do. But in this case, it was for the best. The dress fit perfectly, and she was right. It looked so good on me. I wanted to no beading on my dress, but looking at the dress, you can see I changed my mind!

Looking back, I think if I had more time, I would have tried on more dresses. When we went dress shopping, I was down to six months, and I sort of just wanted to find something since I knew it would take several months for the dress to get to me. I did love my dress, and I think it looked great one me. My favorite part is how small it made me look! It may not have been comfortable, but it did a good job making me look tiny! If I did it all again, I'd probably look at more mermaid style dresses. I love the way they look, but who knows if I'd end up with one!








Thanks for looking! Oh, and if you're curious about the bracelet I wore, this post tells the story behind it!

19 comments:

  1. That's such a pretty dress! I love the bodice beading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beading on your dress is beaufitul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, I've been loving this theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that dress! It's similiar to my sister's. Also ... nonsense about making you look so tiny, you are tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dress! It is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. even if it was last minute, it sure was beautiful!! I love that picture of your husband's hands on the back of the dress, really shows off the beading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, so was yours! It's so fun looking at all the different dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The detail in the bodice is gorgeous. You look like a princess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the gown. The bodice is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dress was gorgeous! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! It totally suited you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the comment. I luuuurve your dress. It is gorgeous! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your dress was gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

    I am drawing for two giveaways on Monday with a fun post...so hope you will stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! I love the detail on it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very good choice. I wanted a simple dress too- but if someone suggested a dress that looked that great- I would have gotten it too! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous dress! this is my dream dress actually since mine was very plain ha!

    ReplyDelete