Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weddings 5 & 6 for 2009

We had a lovely weekend away at another wedding! We were actually invited to two weddings this past Saturday, but only we were only able to attend one. However, we were able to go to a cookout for the other couple on Friday night and spend time with them and other guests. It was especially nice because the couple lives in Kansas and we don't see them much.

This is where the cookout was. Do they have a beautiful back yard or what?!

J and me with his sister

We headed out Saturday morning for the wedding we were going to in Northern Virginia, just outside of DC. It was a gorgeous day and the bride, a friend of mine from the teacher program in college, was beautiful, as well. It was nice getting to see some of my other friends from college and catch up on each others' lives. During our year of grad school, we only had 26 girls in the program, and we were very close. It was so nice getting to hear how their first two years of teaching have gone! There were some great stories that were shared at our table.

Bride & Groom


All of my teacher friends and me with the bride

Outside in the gardens

One nice thing about weddings in Northern Virginia is we have plenty of places to stay for free! I have so many friends that live up there so it's silly for us to pay for a hotel. We stayed with one of my best friends there and got up and had bagels with her and her boyfriend today. I could eat an everything bagel with veggie cream cheese every morning of my life. Easily!


Before heading back home we stopped at Ikea!


No big purchases, but Ikea is always fun to walk around and we got some great ideas for some projects we've been thinking about doing around our apartment. We did get some matted picture frames that I'm planning on hanging in a grid layout over our bed (inspiration for the grid layout comes from Ali Edwards). I'm excited to see how it turns out!

6 comments:

  1. I love ikea! I'm glad you had a great time at the weedings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ikea, It looks like you had a wonderful time, I have a lot of friends in NoVa too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bride! I wish we had an Ikea in my state. They are so much fun to browse through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cant never drive by IKEA without stopping!!! Cute dress you wore to the wedding!! I love going to summer weddings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty, weddings are always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you guys had a great time, and I'm jealous of your trip to Ikea!

    ReplyDelete