Monday, July 13, 2009

What we've been up to...

This past weekend J and I drove to Richmond to hang out with my mom and little brother for a few hours at the Tomato Festival. While I loved seeing my mom and brother, I was especially excited to eat some fried green tomatoes. And boy oh boy, did I eat some! I watched the vendor deep fry them, and then I devoured them and LOVED them! In fact, I ate them so fast, that there was no time to get a picture. Sorry...you'll just have to imagine all of that deep fried yumminess!



Saturday night we were bums and hung out at home and watched some TV and enjoyed some pizza from our favorite pizzeria with a six-pack. I have to be honest, this is my idea of a perfect Saturday night. Since getting married, I've become a bit of a homebody. I love going out, but I am just as content to stay home with J and enjoy each others company here.

And Sunday, I made the greatest chocolate chip cookies. I am telling you...if you need a fabulous chocolate chip cookie recipe, this one is it! The secret ingredient is captain crunch, and they are the perfect mix of chewy and crunchy and so sweet. And trust me. There is no fat and they will not put a few more inches on your hips. I swear. The two sticks of butter in the recipe are canceled out by the fact that you're making them with breakfast cereal. And we all know breakfast cereal is good for us! Right? Get the recipe HERE.


And then today we FINALLY sold my car. It's been about a 3 week process for us, but the car has sold. Hopefully by this time next week, I will have a new car! I've got to take a class this week for school (Technology Boot Camp for Elementary Teachers...we'll see if I pick up any great tips/tools here), so the process of buying a car, may take longer than I had hoped for, but it definitely looks like we'll have the new car for our upcoming road trip!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on selling your car! I'm still trying to get rid of my old one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for selling your car! That is great news! I could use some fresh tomatoes right now. yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm fried green tomatoes! Sounds yummy! Congrats on selling your car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chewy cookies, they are the best. Congrats on selling the ride! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on selling your car! I saw it on twitter dont think I have told congrats yet! And I LOVE fresh tomatos!

    ReplyDelete