Monday, August 17, 2009

Cabin Weekend

We had a great time at the cabin this weekend. We're lucky to have friends who invite us to spend time with them in such fun, relaxing places!

Our friends M & H (the ones who got married back in June) invited us and 8 other friends to H's family's cabin for the weekend. The cabin is about 4 hours from where we live, so it was a bit of drive, but so worthwhile. Ironically, it's also about 2o minutes away from where my dad grew up, so growing up I spent a lot of time in this area visiting my own family here.

We stopped the car to take this when we were about 10 minutes away. I love being in the mountains!

We did a lot of eating, as there were a lot of serious cooks on this trip! We had some great meals and snacks over the weekend, and I've already made two visits to the gym since we've been back so my bottom will fit into my new jeans I just bought this past week! It was all for the best, though. I truly needed all of s'mores I ate! In addition to eating, we spent a lot of time by the river and in the river. And despite what the pictures show, I didn't have a beer in my hand all weekend...just a lot of the weekend!





And best of all we spent time playing cards! J's family loves the card game Nertz, and it's the kind of game where you need a lot of people to play. We took advantage of all the friends and taught them how to play, and it looks like we've hooked a few people. We definitely spent close to 3 hours playing this game on Saturday night!

16 comments:

  1. That view is gorgeous!!! I cant remember the last time I had a smore! yummm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nertz!! Looks like you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see Nertz being spread...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that road photo! Your bathing suit is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful view!! I love the mountains. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of Nertz, but it looks a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous! I think any vacation where you can bring your dog is a good one!!

    2 more days till school for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nertz looks a lot like Dutch Blitz. Have you ever played that?

    Glad you had a good time. I am jealous of your trip to the cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous of your mountain weekend! The mountains are where I'd love to spend most of my time. Much better than the beach. Unfortunately I'm stuck in Texas and missing the foothills of my SC town.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so peaceful out there -- beautiful to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geez! Sounds so fun! I need a weekend in the moutains.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much fun! We've only played Nertz a couple times but we have a friend who is the queen of Nertz, can't be beat, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw it looks so fun there! I'm glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like so much fun! the road photo is so cool, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Nertz!! Looks like you had so much fun!


    Work From Home

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete