Monday, August 31, 2009

CrabFest '09


On Saturday, J and I drove back to our home town for an afternoon of crabs and beer. My college's local alumni chapter threw a crab feast with, not only crabs, but shrimp, corn on the cob, hot dogs, and Starr Hill beer for the wonderful cost of $29 a person. This was quite the deal considering it was all you could eat and drink...and best of all, it was a good chance to catch up with friends and play some corn hole.

J didn't go to my JMU, but even he had a great time. And really, how could you not have fun when there are unlimited crabs and bottomless kegs?




Definitely a worthwhile event that I'm already planning on going to again next year!

10 comments:

  1. That food sounds delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun. I have never understood the appeal of crab legs though, so much work for SO little food!!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! I love JMU and have a billion friends that went there. Mainly because we are from Staunton, so everyone goes to JMU because it's close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is my kind of event!!! I loooove crabs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, to live on the East coast... I'm drooling at the thought!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like an AMAZING event. Crab and beer. SO yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. crab, shrimp, corn on the cob, hot dogs, and beer? sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's sounds like such a fun event!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw! I wish I had known you were in town! Any chance you'll be back before the 11th??

    ReplyDelete