Friday, August 14, 2009

Favorite Vacation Spots

”Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner”

This week Kelly is featuring vacation spots...I don't think I could feature just one, so here is a combination of my favorite places:

Spot #1: Westport, NY in the Adirondacks on Lake Champlain. J's family has property here, and I've been able to visit four times now. It's always relaxing and beautiful. I'd much rather wake up and look at mountains than the ocean.





Spot #2: DISNEY WORLD! Sadly, I have no pictures on my computer from any Disney trips...maybe this means I need to go back? I have been with my family several times (and we visited Disney Land in CA when I was 7), and I've been with friends/school. Every time I've been, I've been in heaven! J is not really the kind of guy who enjoys lots of people on his vacations, so Disney isn't really his cup of tea, but that's okay...I'll be able to convince him to go eventually!

Spot #3: And then of course, the Oregon Coast. This is where we spent our honeymoon and I'd go back in a heart beat. Being from the east coast, I was just in awe of all the rocky shore lines and the Pacific. It was the perfect spot for a relaxing honeymoon.





............................................................

We leave this afternoon for a little weekend away in the mountains. We have a friend whose family owns a cabin in the Shenandoah Valley and we're off to spend the next two days there with lots of friends, food, drinks, and hopefully sunshine! I'm looking forward to it!

11 comments:

  1. Those both look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, the Oregon coast looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time at your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those places are gorgeous (especially Disney, of course). ;) I've never been to the adiriondacks, but it's def on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luke's family is full of 'mountain vacation people' so I have learned to love the mountains. Plus if I can convince Luke to go to DW you can convince your hubby - and he actually loved it! I mean what is not to love about Disney?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to go the Oregon coast when I was younger - to Haystack Rock. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have come to LOVE the mountains this summer... my new favorite vacation spot is in mountains near our house... simply amazing and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That hammock looks absolutely amazing! I wish I was there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in the Shenandoah Valley! :) Hope you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great time at your friends!


    Work From Home

    ReplyDelete