Friday, August 28, 2009

Good Things

Good things going on right now...
  • My classroom set up is pretty much done! I am so happy that I can focus on other things next week.



  • Our city recently fenced in a dog park just two blocks from our apartment. Layla and I are thrilled by this new addition to our neighborhood.
  • Last night, I made Penne with Ricotta, Parmesan, and Peas. This recipe was so easy and delicious! I may have thrown in a few spoonfuls of garlic, though...I can't make a meal without garlic! And I threw in some bacon. How can you not love bacon in your pasta?
  • My new favorite Pandora Station: Nickel Creek...a little bit folky, a little bit bluegrass, I listen to it every night while I'm cooking dinner.
  • I saw one of my old students at school yesterday. It warmed my heart a little that she stopped by to see me as she was on her way to an SCA meeting.
  • I've been spending a lot of time at the gym lately in an effort to reduce the size of my hips and thighs. I realized a few days ago that a lot of my fall pants for school are not going to fit. It was kind of a good push to get me in the gym, as I've really been slacking for most the summer.
  • Hopefully, getting in one more beach/pool day this weekend before I head back to work next week!
  • We have a fun outing planned for tomorrow...there's a possibility that we're gonna get poured on thanks to Hurricane Danny, but I'm still looking forward to it!

10 comments:

  1. The classroom looks great! If I was a little kid I would be pumped about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your classroom looks great! I know how you feel about fall pants not fitting, I am in the process of trying to get back into mine! Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your classroom has come together so well! Hope you get your beach day in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for all your good things! I heart Pandora.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The classroom looks great! I wish our dogpark was that close to us! Although 12-15 minutes isn't that far. I guess I can't complain too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing the classroom!

    And I'm with you on the pants size. I think I've gained the grad school 15, and now that I've graduated, I'm trying to work to get it back down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nickel Creek is one of my favs!!! I'm gonna get tickets to see the Punch Brother's in October, can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am obsessed with Nickel Creek. They are my all-time favorite band. My husband has seen them live twice. He cried both times, and he's not a crier. That's how good they are live and unplugged.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your classroom looks great and that pasta sounds soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so great!!! I know it's HARD WORK- but it looks like so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete