Tuesday, August 18, 2009

oh college...

While away this weekend, we were about 45 minutes from where I went to college, JMU.

Madison, James Madison, we are the dukes of JMU!!!


It's been awhile since I went back so I begged J to stop by for a little bit so we could walk around campus. He went to another college, so the experience wasn't as fun for him, but he was a good sport and let me prance around the quad and take pictures! While it may have added some time to our drive back home, I'm glad we stopped by. I got to see a lot of new things that have been added to the campus, and I just enjoyed being there! Oh, and most importantly, we stopped by the book store so I could get a sticker for my new car. How could I forget the main reason for our visit?

I love my college and reminisce all the time! When I read blogs of college students and see that they're going back to college now, I get the slightest bit jealous. Don't know if that will ever go away.

Layla's first trip to college! This is the kissing rock on campus,
I wanted a picture of Layla kissing me on the rock.

Layla on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with kisses,
this was the best shot we could get!

For any JMU readers, this is the new tunnel that they have finally finished putting in at the end of the quad...definitely a different look, but very cool. I like how it's built with the blue stone.
Afterwards, we went to my favorite "dairy bar" in town, Klines, for some ice cream before we hit the road. Klines only has 3 flavors at any time: chocolate, vanilla, and the flavor of the week. The flavor this week was peach, which was kind of disappointing as it's one of the flavors I'm not so crazy about. But that's okay, J enjoyed a chocolate cone while I enjoyed a vanilla cone. My favorite flavor is Peanut Butter Oreo...guess we just have a good reason to go back for another visit.

10 comments:

  1. Love going back to places that were so important to us for such a large chunk of time ... ahh, the college life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love to go back on campus when I'm back in town! It's fun to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh God, Klines... (drooling) Man, I miss that place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going back to my college campus! It is quite magical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My alma mater has a very similar tunnel! Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so cute that there is a kissing rock! I am in grad school now but it is a different place than my undergrad and I love going back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I work on my college campus so I dont' ever get that feeling of going back, but I love it when my out of town friends come and I get to experience it with them. I loved my time in college!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love visiting my college!! It was a tiny school (only 2000 WITH grad students!) in a tiny town, where we doubled the pop of the town during school time lol. So, when you go back, you know everyone and everything, and it certainly brings back things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss my college so much! But I didn't know the Mr. then so I wouldn't want to go back to those days :-) Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your comment! JMU's campus is gorgeous! I enjoy going on walks there.

    ReplyDelete