Sunday, August 16, 2009

Perfect Pasta Salad

Last Friday morning, before we headed out for our weekend away in the woods with friends, I made some pasta salad to take with us to eat over the weekend. Some of you have requested to know what' s been going on in my kitchen recently, so I'm here to share!


My pasta salad is nothing fancy. You'll agree when you see the ingredients. You can also feel free to sub things in or out of here, depending on what you like. Most of the things I throw in are stuff we like. It's also inspired by a delicious pasta salad that the chef used to make at my country club that I worked at for a summer when I was in college. Definitely not as good as his, but I try!

Ingredients:
2 16 oz box of tri-color rotini
1 16 oz bottle of italian dressing (I used the Wishbone brand)
2 chopped green peppers
1 peeled and chopped cucumber
1 package of turkey pepperoni
2 packages of Kraft crumbled cheese
pinch of red pepper flakes
1 tbs garlic powder
dash of salt and pepper

Directions:
Cook pasta according to box directions. Rinse with cold water and drain. Once totally drained, add in the whole bottle of dressing. Stir the pasta well so dressing is covering the whole bowl. Mix in all the other ingredients and voila! A perfect pasta salad! Refrigerate for several hours before serving.

It also helps if you have a kitchen assistant who sits at the doorway of the kitchen and eats any thing that falls to the floor. This can be essential in the cooking process!

9 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I love pasta salad! I'll have to try the recipe out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to try that! Pasta salad is my absolutely favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo! Will you start a recipe blog please?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks good.

    Adorable puppy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect indeed. Thanks. I need to make a pasta salad before summer is over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that pasta salad looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds and looks delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I love a good pasta salad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good! I love pasta salad! I'll have to try the recipe out


    Work From Home

    ReplyDelete