Friday, August 28, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Wedding Shower

Today on Kelly's "Show Us Your Life", the theme is Wedding Showers. I had a shower thrown for me by two wonderful women who I've known for most of my life. The shower was mainly friends of my mom's, and they were all women who were a part of my life growing up. It was a kitchen shower, so all of the gifts I received were kitchen themed. As a favor, the hostess' let everyone take a wooden spoon with a bow on it home with them. I loved this idea!

Also...funny story about the beautiful cupcakes...the host who had us all over to her house has two yellow labs. The morning before the shower, one of her labs ate about half of my beautiful cupcakes off a table. Luckily, the dog was okay and we still had pretty cupcakes to display and eat!





(These were some of my goodies to take home!)


My (very wonderful and beautiful) bridesmaids threw a Bachelorette Party/Lingerie Shower for me. They got a hotel room in the city, and we started the night here opening gifts, playing games...the usual! Afterward, we went out to some of the bars near by, where I got hit on by a Kanye look alike. Sadly, there are no pictures on my computer from that part of the evening!



8 comments:

  1. Cute shower favors! What a great idea. I love your girls in pick picture! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my- you had an amazing shower- it looked like it was done by a professional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shower favors are so cute! And a great idea! Looks like you had an amazing shower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those shower favors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that's a great idea with the gifts to take home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, as everybody else said, those shower favors are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there! I linked over here from a comment you left at "Love in the Suburbs" and whatayaknow! I live in Virginia too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how fun!! i love those pink shirts! i have a cupcake holder as well, and i think it might just be the greatest invention ever!

    ReplyDelete