Friday, September 25, 2009

jury duty & another wedding

I had no idea that so many of you were American Girl fans! It sounds like there are a lot of us who are still very proud of our dolls!

Yesterday, I had jury duty. I've actually had it for the whole month of September, but yesterday was he first day I actually had to go. It was a big pain, because that meant Wednesday night, I had to throw together sub plans and make about 15 phone calls to arrange for everything to be ready the next morning. Very annoying.

I showed up to the courthouse a little before 9am, watched a terrible informational video, graded some papers, and at 10am they came in a let everyone know they could leave because both cases had been moved. I thought about going to school, but at that point, I had already arranged for a sub, who was getting paid for a full day regardless or not if showed up. So I came home. Took the dog to the park, watched some tv, and tried to nap off my cold. I guess jury duty might not be the worst thing in the world.

We leave today for Greenville, SC where we're staying the night with a family friend. And then we'll wake up in the morning and drive to Atlanta for a wedding. It should be a lot of fun, but I'm dreading the 9 hour drive back on Sunday. It'll be worth it, to see lots of friends, though. Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh!!! Greenville is my hometown and I miss it terribly. I hope you enjoy it! And feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when you go through the trouble for nothing.

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete