Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Old Friends

On our drive down to Atlanta this weekend, we stopped and spent Friday night in Greenville, SC with a long time friend of my mom's, Nan. When I was in kindergarten my family moved to a new neighborhood and my mom became friends with Nan. There were so many afternoons when I'd come home from school and ride my bike to her house to hang out with her and her (then) 1 year old while she cooked dinner. When she moved away to NC when I was in 3rd grade, my sister and I would go to spend a week with her and her family for a week each summer. Some of my favorite summer memories were at her house. In a lot of ways, she was like an aunt to me, and I feel really grateful to have her in my life.

We had a short amount of time with her, but she was a fabulous, Southern hostess for us this weekend. I'm hoping it's not long before I get to go back for another visit.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my southern friends (;

    Ya'll are some wedding-going folk! I couldn't afford the dresses! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glady you had such a nice visit!

    ReplyDelete