Saturday, September 19, 2009

September Saturdays

With school being back in full swing, I am cherishing our quiet weekends while the weather is beautiful out. It was in the 70's with a breeze today, and we decided to take the dog to a local park for a big walk. Since we live near the beach, it's very flat here, but this park is actually an old landfill that has been covered in grass and now resembles a "mountain"...and by mountain, I really mean it's just a big hill. They have some nice trails and it's fun to run up the hill with Layla.
Lately, I've been reading up on Pioneer Woman's Photography section on her blog. Today I played around with shooting manually. My ultimate goal would be to shoot in just manual, but I'm not sure when I'll be ready for that! For now, I'll just keep playing around!




The park was also hosting a STIHL Timber Sports competition which we enjoyed watching for a little while. It was crazy watching these men chop logs and move tires around a course.


It's been a great Saturday. Tonight I'm making Shrimp Fried Rice for dinner. Here's the recipe I'm using, minus the mushrooms, as J and I both do NOT do mushrooms in anything we eat. I don't think I could've married him if he were a mushroom fan. I'm thinking of making some Trader Joe's potstickers to go along with it. And of course, dinner will be enjoyed with the Smuttynose Pumpkin Ales we bought today!

Edit
: Shrimp Fried Rice was SO good! This is definitely an easy recipe that I'll be adding to my recipe cards. Very simple and delicious. And best of all, it's low calorie!

13 comments:

  1. Oh yes, your dog is seriously cute! Thanks for the recipe. Gotta go look up those potstickers now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog is so cute! I'm glad you posted the recipe because I saw your tweet and was hoping you would post it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of the mushrooms either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that does sound like a nice day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are Trader Joe's potstickers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dog is so cute!! Love potstickers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picture of the puppy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You took some great pictures!
    I'm going to have to try that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great pics girl! mmm the potstickers sound yummy, and I'll have to try that recipe with chicken maybe (we don't eat shrimp=)). looked like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dog is adorable! Also, I've totally caught some timbersports coverage on ESPN from time to time, that stuff is ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, don't tempt me with TJ's potstickers. No TJs near Champaign :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog is looking so fancy these days!!

    ReplyDelete