Monday, September 7, 2009

So long sweet summer...

Warning: This post is going to be a giant mess of thoughts. Please bear with me!

Our Labor Day weekend has been rather uneventful, but very productive. I did our laundry, went grocery shopping, thoroughly cleaned our apartment, finished a library book...it feels good to have accomplished so much. Especially because I know that for the next ten months, my time will be limited and my energy will be way down.

On Saturday, I got this in the mail from Mojito Maven:

This is the $50 gift card to The GAP that I won over at her blog last month. I am pretty pumped to go spend this. Especially after browsing The GAP website. So many cute things I can use in my closet!

Also on Saturday, J bought Layla a present. A present that is probably half her size...

She's in love. We've been laughing at her, though, as she appears to be a little apprehensive and cautious playing with such a large toy.

I've spent a big part of my weekend prepping for the first day of school tomorrow. I'm as ready as I can be, but I still have butterflies. You'd think that by year three, I'd be a little less nervous,but that's not the case. I got to meet about 3/4 of my class at open house last Thursday, and I know it's going to be a great year, but that still doesn't calm my nerves. At least my room is ready! Here's one last picture I took before walking out the door on Friday afternoon.

Oh and did I mention that we had a gorgeous sunset the other night?
Love it.

And if you made it to the end of this scattered post, I have one last thing...I noticed today that I'm now over a hundred followers, be looking for a giveaway in the next week or so!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the follow! What grade do you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel...the excitement and nervousness hasn't ended for me and I am at 13 years of school starts!
    Your room looks fabulous...and I can't wait to hear your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm judging you pretty hard for that post title. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your first day of school!! You'll be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The classroom looks great! I hope you have an awesome first day of school!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the first day!! Your classroom looks HUGE and very organized :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a good first day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on the school year and your classroom looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your room looks great. The butterflies WILL go away, I have taught for 15 years now. How's your year going?

    ReplyDelete