Monday, October 19, 2009

Another bridal weekend...

This weekend was one of my best friend's bridal shower and bachelorette party. She and I've been friends since we were eight, and I'm so happy for her upcoming marriage!

The shower was hosted by some friends of her mom, and it was so nice. Look at this stack of presents...she made out pretty well! I love wedding showers, but then I go home and want new things for my kitchen!

These serving pieces were from my mom and me. My mom actually decorated them herself.

And these flip flops were from here mother (to be) in law.
And look at this cake. Not only was it delicious, but it was perfect for fall!


The bride + me + another special high school friend who was also in my wedding.

After the shower, I had enough time to run home and change before the big night out. We all had to wear black and pink, as I'm sure the pictures show. It was a rainy and cold night...not quite normal for Virginia this time of year, but then again, Virginia weather is really not predictable. Despite the yucky weather, it was still a fun night!




I'm so excited for her Thanksgiving weekend wedding! So many of our friends from high school who live all over the country are going to be there from out of town. Can't wait!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I love your white flowery top and your pink scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those thongs are crazy! Very Spice Girls - aka 90s! Hilarious!

    (Sorry! Should explain that Thongs are flip flops - I just realised I'm speaking 'straylyan')

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics! :) Looks like you had a great weekend! Congrats to your friend on the upcoming wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics. Watching people open fun new stuff makes me want to shop for some fun new stuff. Le sigh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fun! I'm going to be sad when all of my friends are done getting married because it is such a good excuse for all of use to see each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like it was a great time!
    i wonder if i'll ever get to have a bridal shower! scoring all that loot would be awesome and so much fun to use!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cake looks great! It looks like she got a ton of things! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww that sounded like so much fun! and so special too, for a friend who you've known for so long! cute pics!!

    ReplyDelete