Thursday, October 22, 2009

Balmy Nights

Many, many years ago on a cold winter day, a friend of mine and I were out on shopping adventure at an outdoor mall. I had left my chapstick at home (major crisis in my world!) and she let me use this stuff that Santa had left for her in her stocking. It looked a little frou frou for my taste, but I was desperate. That day changed my life. While out shopping that day, I purchased my tin jar of Balmy Nights Soothing Bedtime Lip Balm at Victoria's Secret, and I have used it religiously since then. It gets a little rest in the summer, but even then I love it for a nice shine.


Here I am about 5-6 years since my first encounter with this fabulous product and I am just about out of balm. Complete tragedy as Victoria's Secret no longer makes this excellent stuff. You can tell from this picture that is been well loved and traveled all over with me in my purse. I searched the web for it and had no luck, until I found that VS has just changed the name and upped the price. Victory.

It looks like I'll be going to buy some more this winter. Anyone tried the new stuff? Any reviews?

6 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to find your fav lip balm!

    My fav lip balm is Palmers Cocoa Butter Stick. I NEVER get chapped lips with it and I've been using it religiously for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried it, but I'm glad you found it! That is frustrating when a place changes the look and even NAME of the product. I get frustrated when Avon does that. They do it a lot.

    I'm a Blistex girl. My lips don't really get chapped, but that and Soft Lips works for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried it but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it's the same as your old one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried it but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it's the same as your old one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the only stuff that doesn't give me issues except (but not nearly as good) Blistex (only the tube kind). I've tried everything else out there from the original Chapstick to rosebuds love organic everything and anything all ends up causing issues in the end. I did find out that they changed packages and since have discontinued it but perhaps due to my and others harassment have recently brought it back on otherwise I had an old package and was going to try and create my own with the ingredients list

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel, can you tell me what is the new name of the balmy nights? I live in Europe and someone gave this to me as a present 10 years ago. Now it's finished and I love it so much! I'm not so sure that there is something better out there...

    ReplyDelete