Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Free Haircut

Two posts today...can you hardly stand it?

My last haircut was back in April during my spring break. I've been due for a trim for at least 2 months.

Not long after my haircut in the spring, a student of mine who has a cousin who is a hairdresser, gave me a gift card for a free cut for teacher appreciation week. I am still searching for "my stylist" here in our city, so I was happy to try her out. And a free cut? What a money saver. This saved me $40...and that's with the $15 tip I left her.

Before...(Monday)

After (with a little help from my 4-legged friend)

I originally told her 3 inches, but then then changed my mind and told her to do a little more. She ended up taking off 5-6 inches. It feels so much healthier and so light. I have very thick hair, so a decent haircut always feels wonderful. Hopefully blow drying will take less time in the mornings.

And then just for fun...I have to share this other photobooth picture!


14 comments:

  1. Love that length, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it feel like a weight has been lifted! I recently lopped my long locks off to a bob and I haven't looked back! Looks fab by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing!!! I really love it!! Where did you go? I think I might need. New place - my girl does great color but not so fab cuts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok - I really love your sassy new 'do - but $15 for a tip?? Is that what I should be giving?!?! Am I cheap?? I just can't stand it - I always pay $100+ and I don't even get highlights - just color!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cut! I need to get one myself.

    PS: Left you something on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great and very healthy!

    Love the pic of you and puppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. les (who says your bffs b/c you have a blog tag for hair) & rpo love this! we think it looks like hilary! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  9. I left you an award on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhh beautiful puppies!!! What would we do without them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so good! Love the last pic, so cute!

    ReplyDelete