Thursday, October 1, 2009

Christmas Shopping in October

I know Christmas is still more than two months away, but I'm trying to get ahead of the game! Last year was my first Christmas with nieces and a nephew. I am the oldest in my family, the only married child, where as J is the youngest of four. His big sister has four cute kids that range from 2 to 12, and last year was the first year I got to shop for my nieces and nephew. We bought the three older kids LL Bean duffle bags. His sister told us their favorite colors and we had them monogrammed with their initials. We wanted to get them something that would be useful and last for a long time. I think we definitely met our goal with these bags. And the kids enjoyed carrying all of their presents home in a fancy new bag.This year, we're looking to do the same thing. We want to buy them something that they can use, not just play with, as we know Santa will be bringing them lots of toys! Any ideas? I know a lot of you are moms or have children in your life that you shop for. I'd love to hear your suggestions!

7 comments:

  1. What about sleeping bags? I would love it if one of the kids' Aunties would buy them some sleeping bags!

    I will keep thinking (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. No suggestions, I just think you're awesome to start Christmas shopping already! I should do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love love buying books to children : classic ones are the best !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that you've started your shopping! I haven't bought anything for kids in a long time..sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Left you something on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where to they live? If it's somewhere cold, maybe robes. My aunt got my sisters and I these amazing soft warm robes when we were little and we had them for years. We live in NY so it was a great gift, and we could all get them in our favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So a little birdie told me they are in the process of building a new house. Maybe signs for their bedrooms with their names on them? Or picture frames with you and J and the kids together in them? Or something for their new rooms. M & M are getting their own rooms. K & I will be sharing.

    ReplyDelete