Sunday, October 11, 2009

Our Redneck Friday Night

I've been doing so good with my dieting. Like really, really good. Like, counting every calorie I put in my body for about 6 weeks now. I have had will power like you wouldn't believe. But I kind of cheated on Friday night....

I sort of ate fried oreos at a local fair. But, they were good...really, really good. And it probably didn't help that I ate a corn dog and cheese fries before devouring these. Oops?

My friend H got a fried snickers bar on a stick. Does life get any better than this? I don't think it can.

But to show you what a real redneck I was on Friday night, I'd have to show you this picture from the demolition derby, where I sat in the stands and cheered for old clunkers to destroy one another. What have I become?


Oh, and did I mention that we saw The Marshall Tucker Band perform? They're the guys who sing this...


How was your weekend? Were you as classy (or should that be klassy?) as I was?

11 comments:

  1. I've never had a fried snickers, I'm not sure how, but I always manage to resist. After reading your blog I'm wondering the next time I'll have an opportunity to try one lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Klassy or no..I think the fried-oreos made it worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just the title of this alone makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had fried Oreos in years, but they are sooooo good! Have you ever had fried cheesecake? It's also amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fried oreo's! I didn't see those at our fair!! I would have loved to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so impressed with your willpower. I have dieting ADD... I'm like NO MORE SUGAR... Is that a brownie??
    Yummy fried foods, though! You deserve a guilt free night! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I just found your blog through Megan's, and wanted to check out your fair weekend. Those fried oreos look crazy delicious! I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, those oreos sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I mean, anything fried and on a stick is gonna be amazing. It's just common sense.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm so jealous you got a corndog, they are my fave!! yummy!! i've never had fried candy or fried oreos but they sure sound delicious!!
    glad you had such a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete