Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Baking

I love trying new recipes, but I'm always apprehensive to try them when they're for other people!

A few weeks ago Morgan posted about these delicious Chocolate Oatmeal Bars on her blog. I knew I wanted to try them, so I made today my test day. I got up this morning and dedicated the morning to these bars and my KitchinAid stand mixer. I figured if they were great, then I can share them in the teacher's lounge tomorrow and everyone will love me. If they're not so great, there's no big loss.

Good news folks...these bars are incredible, and I'm gonna have some serious new friends at work tomorrow. And they have oatmeal which totally balances out the three sticks of butter in them. Right? Right!



Go to the link I shared above for the recipe. These are well worth it!

12 comments:

  1. Those look good! I made a pumpkin cobbler today, and I am trying to wait for it to cool so I can test it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look awesome! I will have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have added this to my favorites, so I can remember to make them. They look delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delish! You're going to be very popular in the teacher's lounge tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look super yummy! I'll put that on my baking wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They LOOK amazing and I haven't even seen the recipe yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! I am super-jeal of your coworkers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yumm! I always try new recipes on stuff- I don't know- I think I like it because if it isn't great I can blame it on the recipe and mot my lack of skills! ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god. Three sticks of butter. Is it bad to admit those sound delicious?

    ReplyDelete
  10. those look *uh-mazing*...i'm definately not a chef, but i might have to try these. thanks! xoxo

    ReplyDelete