Tuesday, November 10, 2009
* I have no school tomorrow in honor of Veteran's Day. To take advantage of this lovely little day off, J and I celebrated by going out to eat at a local favorite restaurant. It was the perfect evening in the midst of a lot of craziness.
* Last night we had this baked potato soup for dinner. It's so easy and so delicious. Make it and you will be happy you're alive!
* I am slowly learning to run. I laugh as I type this. I've always hated running. I'm the girl who cheated my way through running the mile in high school gym class because running has always been a miserable, painful experience for me. Since reading so many "healthy living" blogs, I've picked up some tips and I've become motivated. In the past month, I've started short running intervals and I (believe it or not) sort of kind of like it. I'm slowly working my way up, and I'm liking what this is turning into.
* We are in the process of finding a new home. We're still renting (that's another story, feel free to ask for our reasons of renting instead of buying), and we may have found where we're moving. I'm hoping it works out, as we'd love a backyard for the dog, and a whole house wouldn't be bad either.
* Did you watch Sesame Street as a kid? Today is their 40th birthday. I loved Sesame Street as a little girl, and only feel it's necessary to pay tribute with this classic video!
...and of course my favorite muppet....