Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Good Things


* I have no school tomorrow in honor of Veteran's Day. To take advantage of this lovely little day off, J and I celebrated by going out to eat at a local favorite restaurant. It was the perfect evening in the midst of a lot of craziness.

* Last night we had this baked potato soup for dinner. It's so easy and so delicious. Make it and you will be happy you're alive!

* I am slowly learning to run. I laugh as I type this. I've always hated running. I'm the girl who cheated my way through running the mile in high school gym class because running has always been a miserable, painful experience for me. Since reading so many "healthy living" blogs, I've picked up some tips and I've become motivated. In the past month, I've started short running intervals and I (believe it or not) sort of kind of like it. I'm slowly working my way up, and I'm liking what this is turning into.

* We are in the process of finding a new home. We're still renting (that's another story, feel free to ask for our reasons of renting instead of buying), and we may have found where we're moving. I'm hoping it works out, as we'd love a backyard for the dog, and a whole house wouldn't be bad either.

* Did you watch Sesame Street as a kid? Today is their 40th birthday. I loved Sesame Street as a little girl, and only feel it's necessary to pay tribute with this classic video!



...and of course my favorite muppet....

10 comments:

  1. We have tomorrow off, too! Hope you enjoy the mini-break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to learn to love to run. I still hate it. (I used to cheat too!)

    So why are you going to buy and not rent?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, I had broccoli cheddar soup for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your day off! I wish I was at home with my kiddos...thank goodness my parents were able to come down.

    I need to learn to run. I do. I really, really do.

    Good luck with the house hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugg good luck with running! definitely not my thing! i have off today too. so many things on my to-do list but i just can't quite find the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hope you're enjoying your day off!! i was never a runner either (just sprint raced anybody for fun=)), and then I started running with Hubby at one of our old houses and felt so good. I really need to get back to that=)! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for running!!! I'm glad you are learning to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are braver than me, because I was that girl who HATED running. Even now, Jarrod says, "Let's go running." and I'm like, HA!

    Good luck! I wish I had it in me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the SS gang!! I was loving the google board every morning with them on it! Enjoy the day off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. are you trying the couch to 5k plan? i am on week 7 and i LOVE it!! i actually just signed up for my first race today... so exciting!

    ReplyDelete