Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day

On my day off I have done the following:
  • Took my car to the shop for an oil change
  • Came home and made these for breakfast. Notice the boxtop! PS, does anyone else love the sound of popping one of these cans as much as I do?
  • Cleaned out my closet after being inspired by some other bloggers who have been on a roll! I'm determined to not move anything next month that I don't really need.
  • I played with my scrapbooking stuff. I wish I had more time for this.
  • I made tomorrow night's dinner...tomato soup mac & cheese! I figured with all my extra time I'd get a jump on things and have tomorrow night's supper ready to pop in the oven. There it is in all of it's tin foil glory.
  • Followed by tonight's dinner! Angel hair pasta with sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese. Oh my friends. Try this. It was easy and delicious. I'm a big Giada fan...anyone else? She tends to annoy me on her show, but everything I've ever made by her is wonderful.
  • Oh, and did I mention I did it all in my sweats and rain boots thanks to the nor'easter we've got blowing outside? We've got a serious storm outside and it's still going strong. A few schools have already closed tomorrow and I'm crossing my fingers. I know it's not likely, but a girl can dream! So, here's to another glass of wine while I watch the CMA's and hope for another day home tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. First of all, those popping things scare the crap out of me. I stretch it out in front of me as far as possible when I open it. And I noticed the butter in the refrigerator. I have the same. Do you have problems spreading it? ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, I am such a dork and popping those cans scares me to death! Its like I think it is going to explode like a bomb in my hands...I cringe and turn my head away while doing it haha!

    I am super jealous that you had off today...we teachers in TN had to work :( Hope you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post! Those cinnamon rolls are dangerous, dangerously delicious! I love the pop too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am actually terrified of those cans! I had to open a can of biscuits and I was pretty much terrified and I just froze... :)

    Love your blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I spy some "two buck Chuck?" ;-) Love that wine.

    What a day yesterday was...today's even worse!

    Enjoy your 2nd day off...my son already asked me if school would be closed again tomorrow, too. Wishful thinking, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw on the news about that crazy weather your area is having!! Hopefully you get your second day off, or at least don't need a canoe to get to work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I CANNOT For the life of me crack those cans open, I have to have LUke do it everytime. It scares me too much! Also I'm glad I could inspire you to clean your closet, now if only I could find that inspriation to complete the job! :-) and that mac and cheese tomato recipe YUMMY!!! I might have to make that on a night when Luke is out of town cause I dont think he would like it but I LOVE tomotatos and mac and cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like you had an extremely productive day!

    ReplyDelete