Friday, November 20, 2009

Layla-Cakes

Layla is a rescue dog who I got in the summer of 2007.

A friend of our family is involved with dog rescue, and she rescued Layla from a home where she and her brother sand sisters were left outside with a dead puppy in their pen. I wasn't truly looking for a dog, but I was toying with idea. When I met her though, I had to have her!

We're not sure what she is exactly. Our best guess is plott hound, and maybe some lab? Not a hundred percent sure though. I'm happy calling her a mutt!

I can't imagine life without her now. I know she's "just a dog" but we totally treat her like our baby. She's spoiled rotten, but I don't mind. My mom says she has "only dog syndrome", because when we go to their house, she won't allow for my parents' dogs to have any attention. Like I said...she's a little spoiled! But we love her!

This is the first day I met her...

The day she came home with me.

She used to be so little!



Go here to read other people's pet posts!

8 comments:

  1. awwww so cute!! our neighbors leave their dogs in the garage penned up with a little crack of the garage door. We've told the homeowners but who knows what happened. I actually haven't seen the dogs or the garage cracked so maybe they came and took them. that is so great of you to rescue a dog though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful! Ours is a rescue as well - aren't they just the sweetest?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, she's too cute! I'm glad she found such a wonderful home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is precious!

    I'd definitely say she has lab. She has the same eyes and brow as my dog now (a lab-Great-Dane mix) and two labs I've had previously.

    She is a sweet heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. soo sweet! and you look so cute in those pics=) we keep talking about getting a puppy (from a shelter) but we just can't commit yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both my fur babies are rescues and I wouldn't have it any other way. Your baby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete