Friday, November 13, 2009

November Nor'easter

Here we are on day 3 of the November Nor'easter in southeast Virginia. We've had wind around 60 mph howling outside, and enough rain to build an ark. While I thought I was going to have one day off this week, turns out that I've got a five day weekend instead. It's been nice, but I'm sure I'll be a whiny baby when they take days away from my spring break to make up the days we've missed.

My very brave (and slightly crazy) husband chose to take a stroll around the neighborhood yesterday, and here's what he came back with on the camera.









And he was a hot, wet mess when he returned...I told him he needs to stock up on some more rain gear if he's going to walk around in storms like this.


Now, back to hanging out in my sweats and watching more tv! We're part of the lucky few who still have power. No hot water for the past 18 hours, but I'm okay with that. Showers and dish washing can wait!

11 comments:

  1. We got off school last Monday as a precautionary hurricane day- that's what happens when your government misses the boat on something as detrimental as Katrina; they're over cautious! It was slightly windy and drizzling, but I got a whole extra day off, so I wasn't complaining! Rachel Posner told me y'all had days off for it too, and I said it wasn't fair that y'all get snow days AND hurricane days... so she forwarded me your blog to prove that you deserved it. ;) Looks like you certainly did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, As amazing as all the rain is - I am struck by how beautiful your neighborhood is!! It looks like it has so much charm and character and the colors are still so amazing!

    And hey, you got some time off of work out the deal. Can't beat that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! Well it is great right now to be off work but I am with you when it starts cutting into my other breaks I get a little mad:) Have fun while it lasts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I'm out of the loop. Sorry to hear about the crummy weather. However, there are some parts that just make the whole endeavor worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you have power, but so mad about your shortened SB! Hope you enjoy your wet weekend at least!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! That is intense. But how cute is your town??? Love all of the historic buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We must not be that far from you! We don't live in the area, but happened to be staying in Newport News for my husband's jobs. We were lucky and didn't have flooding in our area, but many of those scenes look just like some of the pictures on the local news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!! That is a ton of water, I hope you guys still have electricity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just heard of Nor'easters for the first time yesterday- how weird is that?! Glad you still have electricity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, that's crazy! it was raining like crazy here too, but not quite like that! glad you have hot water again! =) hope you're having a great (long=)) weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow yalls neighborhood looks straight out of a movie or something! I love the buildings, lamp posts on the streets, autumn leaves on the trees! Aside from the floods of course-beautiful neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete