Sunday, November 29, 2009

twenty-six

My Thanksgiving holiday was delicious.


It was a fun week with family and lots of old friends.

I ate lots of pie. I took lots of pictures.

I got to see new babies who were adorable.

We snapped a Christmas card photo and ordered boxes of cards.

I also played lots of card games.

We celebrated my husband's birthday. He's an old man of twenty-five now.

We drove about 1,400 miles.

And I got to see one of my oldest friends marry a wonderful man. Some tears were shed, and lots of dancing ensued.

There are dozens of photos I want to post on here, and many stories to share, but after all the hustle and bustle of the past few days, I need to relax for a day or two.

Tomorrow I turn 26. That sounds very old and mature, yet I don't feel that way.

I am celebrating with my husband by painting the bedrooms in our house, and eating pizza.

I really can't think of a better way to spend my 26th birthday!

16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday a day early! I hope your day is great! Your break sounds like it was great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a whirlwind holiday weekend you had! Happy belated to your sweetie & happy birthday to you! Enjoy your day...pizza & painting sounds delicious & fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds wonderful, happy birthday doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday! i hope you have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, happy birthday! I hope you have a fabulous day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday spring chicken! 26 was a great year for me - the year I met my (now) husband. Have an awesome, awesome day and an even better year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Have a Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds fun - esp the pie. i had more than my fair share, too. :)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that you have a wonderful birthday.... and hope that J had a wonderful birthday, too! Celebrate just a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you got some good pie in! Hope you have a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounded wonderful! Can't wait to hear and see more=) Happy Birthday to you and your Hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun! Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! Glad you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey girlie! I LOVE those pink shoes. Too cute. Where'd ya get 'em?

    There are some birthday wishes for you at Scrap Sisters Studio :)

    {{Hugs}}
    ~Erika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope your birthday was everything you hoped and dreamed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday! I'm 26 too and it definitely feels weird. I still act like a kid most of the time!

    ReplyDelete