Sunday, November 15, 2009

Up!


Last night J and I watched Up!...and I bawled like a baby.

This little Disney/Pixar movie broke my heart. While it was a happy movie, there's something about old people that makes me sob. My poor husband saw a side of me that he had heard of from my family members*, but he had never witnessed 'til last night. My uncontrollable crying may have made him a little uncomfortable and he may have laughed at me, but I know he was holding back tears. He'll deny it, but I could see the glisten in his eyes.

Back to my original point, which I have strayed so far from, if you haven't seen this fine film, it's totally worth renting. Even if you're a twenty-five year old cry baby like me. You will still love this sweet film. Especially if dogs and old people have a special place in your heart.

*When I was a l
ittle girl younger, I was the one in my family who cried through out just about everything we watched. My mom couldn't even let me watch Oprah alone, because it was destined to upset me. The worst, though, was Heidi, starring Shirley Temple. There are horrendous stories that my family will share about me watching this movie as a child. I tear up just thinking about it.

18 comments:

  1. We rented Up Friday night, too!

    Loved it, but I did get so teary when Ellie died!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. Well, not really but I am the same way. And my husband is like yours. He absolutely does not know what to do when I cry over a movie or anything! Just ran across your blog and it seems we have a few things in common. I hope you don't mind my linking to your page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lord. I saw it in the theatre twice and cried uncontrollably BOTH times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this movie and it made me cry too! We just bought the DVD Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment earlier! I haven't seen Up! yet, I'll definitely have to see it now. I meant to leave you a message a few posts ago, I'm interested to see how you came to love running? I'm the girl that has always hated running but secretly wished I could do it! I'd love to hear your success story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cried during this movie too! It was so sad when Ellie died.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Casey @ Life as I Know It...11/15/09, 5:25 PM

    Oh my gosh, I am the same way! My family would laugh at me when I would tear up over a credit card commercial or something. The movie that got me and I still get picked on about is Free Willie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, I am the same way! My family would laugh at me when I would tear up over a credit card commercial or something. The movie that got me and I still get picked on about is Free Willie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely cried in the theatre when I watched it and I have been anxiously waiting to buy it. I love the story behind it, even if it makes me sob!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely shed a few tears in the opening sequence to Up. I do think overall its a pretty amazing movie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww, I cry to easily too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've recently joined this whole cry really easily club. I don't know I could watch this movie then!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really not sure I can watch this movie, I have heard too many people say that it made them bawl, and old men totally make me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. After those first 20 minutes or so- I started to sob in the theater- with all the little children around me. It was more than a little embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. Spoiler alert over here ;) Kidding!! The kids have seen it; I guess I will too! looks like a great stocking stuffer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wrote about seeing this at the drive-in this summer. I loved it. Both of my units at work seen it this week. I was amazed last night! One group of the boys (14-17) sat watching Gran Torino completely uninterested. I walked to the other group watching Up! and they were mesmerized by the movie .... just flat-out, wide-eyed. It was adorable. ha! I'm glad you liked it, as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. we thought it looked cute too, but if you're telling me how much you cried, I know I would be a mess too!!=) I am the same way with movies/shows/etc.=) I will have to prepare myself before we rent it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought it was such a sad movie too!

    ReplyDelete