Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 highlights!

In 2009 I:
  • ...traveled to seven new states and one new country
  • ...watched SIX friends get married! 2009 was definitely a year of weddings for us. We were invited to nine weddings this year, and I made it to six of the nine. This was a big year of love!
  • ...moved to a HOUSE! We left our little apartment and we're now living in a house with our own yard and driveway. It couldn't be better!
  • ...learned that I can wear skinny jean and boots! It was a scary thing to try out, but now I'm loving and embracing this look!
  • ...got a new (well, almost new, gently used) car! I love my Honda Pilot!
  • ..tried dozens of new recipes. Cooking has become one of my biggest and most favorite hobbies.
  • ...started my third year of teaching. I'm sort of, kind of, just maybe starting to feel like I'm getting the hang of this crazy job.
  • ...paid hundreds of dollars in vet bills for this little gal. She has had some bad allergies which result in lots of skin irritation and ear infections, but it looks like we might just have things under control for the new year. She only eats organic and we have a whole jar of doggy antihistamines. Hopefully, this will keep everyone healthy in the new year!
  • ...went to see Wicked with my mom. We absolutely loved this show! I can't wait to see it again in March of the new year!
  • ...saw a major storm come through my town, and it got me out of school for two days!
  • ...joined a gym and got myself in shape. Haven't reached my goal, but I've made progress! And I even kind of like the treadmill now...words I never thought I'd say a year ago.
  • ...saw my baby brother start HIGH SCHOOL! I was 11 when he was born back in '95, so it's crazy for me to see him as a freshman.
  • ...took advantage of living by the beach. Many summer days were spent with a book by the ocean.
  • ...fell a little more in love with this guy
  • ...got to celebrate my one year wedding anniversary and eat horrible year old cake!
  • ...became a serious blogger! Before this year, I had a blog with a few sweet readers and I updated infrquently, but this year I somehow watched my comments and followers increase. Don't know who you all are, but thanks for reading this silly little thing! I have made some wonderful "friends" through this blog, and I so grateful for each of you! Who knew a blog could be such a blessing?
I hope your year was a great one!
I am excited for the new year and all of the great things to come!

10 comments:

  1. Aw, what a great post! You attended 6 weddings?! Wow! I think that is how my 2010 year will be. A lot of friends are getting married. I don't know if I will quite reach the 9 invites like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a great year it was!! Got in shape AND started loving cooking - yeah, they don't hand in hand, you know - they are counterproductive! Keep up your blogging in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post!

    I'm so glad I met you this year...through the blog & in real life! I look forward to spending more time - hello, coffee!! - with you in 2010.

    Totally jealous about your Pilot, too...I miss driving a bigger car (but at least my little Altima still gets around down). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great year for you! I can't wait to "read" all about 2010! I hope it is full of many blessings for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rachel! Thanks for commenting on my blog! =) I teach at Riverheads Elementary. Which schools were you at? There are 4 pod schools in the county. Hope you have a safe and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a small world! I love working at RES! The kids are so sweet and the faculty and staff are wonderful! One of my good friends from grad school is teaching at Ladd this year! I miss Hampton Roads though. I went to CNU and my husband went to ODU. We really enjoyed it down there. How cool that we have that connection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fantastic year, which a few ups and downs. I had no idea that you and your brother had such an age spread. My sister and I are 10 years apart and she's a sophomore in HS.
    Cheers to you in 2010!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is such a relief knowing you are in your third year of teaching and are just now feeling like you're getting the hang of it. I am a first year teacher and feel SO lost about 95% of the time! I just stumbled upon your blog, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great year! I too just barely tried the skinny jeans & boots look & i'm lovin it! Congrats on your first anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omgooodness we have some things in common - our doggie also has allergies and a creepy ear infection that ended up with a perforated drum this year. Poor kid - I adopted him from the shelter exactly a year ago as my gift to myself.

    I'm also in education and know exactly what you mean about how hard and rewarding and frustrating it is.

    And lastly - I also caved in to wearing skinny jeans in 2009 lol

    ReplyDelete