Tuesday, December 1, 2009

another trip around the sun

Birthday #26 was a great one.


My coworkers treated me like a queen and spoiled me with goodies and flowers. I am lucky to have such great people to call my colleagues.

J and I went to dinner, followed by some painting at the new house. Didn't go so well due to a few things that were out of our control, but we're hoping to get it all painted and done this weekend.

My students were well behaved which is more of a gift than you could imagine.

I received so many sweet facebook messages, blog comments, and tweets. I felt so loved!

So, now I'm 26. When my mom was 26, she had two children. I can't even begin to imagine that. It's difficult to take care of just myself and a dog most days.

I have a list of goals for this year. Not ready to post it, but I might in a few days/weeks. Life is moving faster than I can keep up with, and I want to push myself to make the most of it.

For those of you who are older than me, any wisdom? What would you like to go back and tell yourself at 26?

2 comments:

  1. Again...happy birthday! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day...you deserved it!

    Like your mom, when I was 26 I was the mother of two children (a 2.5 year old & a newborn son). I'm 32 now and if I could go back to 26 I would tell myself that 30 isn't so bad. It's a fresh start...don't dread it. And, I would tell myself, it's OK to not have it all together. Money, a career, all of that 'keeping up with the Joneses' crap...it's OK not to have it or even want it. To worry less, love more and just embrace life as it comes...that was something I wasn't capable of doing back then.

    Hindsight is always 20/20, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I'm only 26 myself, so no advice, but I'm glad you had a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete