Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Cards '09

This year I drooled over and coveted all of the pretty paper cards at minted.com. I so badly wanted to order some for our Christmas cards, but I couldn't justify spending $1.63 per card. Just couldn't do it. Maybe another year, but Minted cards just weren't in the cards for us this year (incredible pun, I know).

Once I realized I needed a cheaper option I searched a few other places. Thank goodness for little ol' Shutterfly. My trusty friend who always has a reasonably priced option for prints and other photo products.

Over Thanksgiving, my brother-in-law took a few pictures of J and me with the dog. Loved the way they turned out!


After picking the perfect picture and debating whether to go with color or black and white, here's what I came up with on Shutterfly:

The final product in my hand...It's not really this yellow. We just happen to have zero natural light and anything I take without a flash looks a pukey yellow color. Another plus for the new home, much more natural light.


I'm happy with the final product! Now if only I could mail them. I ordered a new return address stamp with the new address, but it's still not here. Got an email today saying it was shipped, so hopefully these pretty little cards will be in the mail early next week!

*Don't forget to enter my giveaway on yesterday's blog post!*

13 comments:

  1. Very cute!

    I ordered our holiday cards from Shutterfly again this year. I usually go back & forth between them & Kodak Gallery...it all depends on who is running the most specials. I think Shutterfly always winds up being the best deal b/c you can use discount on top of discount (it also didn't help that I got 20% back from going through Ebates).

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cards! they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas pics and cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute picture and card. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE them! I wanted Minted cards so badly as well - the fold-out varieties made my heart swoon! We went with Shutterfly too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are soo cute! what a great pic (beautiful!) and cute card! love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cards!

    P.S. Check out my latest entry. I left you something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are great ! i think it's as great tradition : we only sent carts for the new year not for christmas!

    you both look preppy on this picture !

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful Christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had some Christmas cars designed on various sties (etsy had some DARLING ones!) And then, like you, I cringed at the $$$ - really?? So, alas, we opted with Shutterfly too - hey with 25 free cards plus free shipping - who can beat them?

    I love the way yours turned out (& can commiserate with the natural light debate) - I love the picture in color too - you guys were so cute on Thanksgiving Day ;=)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful shot of y'all and really adorable cards! (We are so behind that I'm pretty sure ours are going to be New Years cards...eek!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute Christmas cards!!!

    ReplyDelete