Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Curlers

Being the former show choir girl that I am, I love to curl my hair. I love my hot rollers, and it's one of my favorite ways to wear my hair.

Up until 5 days ago, the hot curlers that I was using belonged to my GREAT GRANDMOTHER in the 1960's. At some point, she gave them to my mother, and when I was in high school, I kind of stole them for myself. They are excellent rollers, and still work well, however, the amount of hairspray crud on them could possibly be poisonous.


This year for Christmas, my mom bought me a new set. They are lighter and easier to transport places, they aren't covered in gunk, they heat up so fast, and they even are in a smaller storage case.


I tried them out yesterday, and while I love them, I'm a little sad to give up the old ones. I know. They're curlers, for crying out loud, but getting rid of them is too much for me. Am I crazy? Probably. But I just can't find it in me to throw 'em out. They're practically a family heirloom at this point!

11 comments:

  1. Those new curlers look so nice! I wouldn't get rid of the old set, you never know when you may need some extra big curlers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I too have a nice, new set of travel hot curlers, I also still have my grandmother's set from the 60s! I love them - they get SO HOT - like, "Before FDA Warnings" Hot. Can't throw them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you were using your grandma's set - that's so cool.

    And they probably heat way hotter than these new curlers! I vote to keep them!! It's too sad to part with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome, keep them! I have an old set that I don't use but keep...just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would feel the same exact way you do about getting rid of them! They've been around and "passed down"...don't get rid of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother had the same old set... she used to put my hair up for cheerleading with them in junior high. Sadly, I think she threw them away when I was in high school. You have to love those old memories, though! I'm glad you enjoy the new set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my hot rollers too! Mine are old, just like yours, but they work so good. I don't think I could ever give them up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love curling my hair!!! Those are great for getting the job done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I NEED a pair of hot rollers!!! BAD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you HAVE to keep the old rollers, HAVE to. You are going to have a girl some day & those are hers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need to learn to use hot rollers. I think my hair MIGHT finally be long enough? I think you should do a tutorial, for sure. No pressure :=)

    ReplyDelete