Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy First Day of Winter!

Tomorrow is my last day of school for 2009. I could not be happier! I need a break, and I need it badly. I love my kids, I really do, but it's been an exhausting school year.

This morning during our planning at school, we had a little Christmas Brunch as a 4th grade team. My teammates and I all brought in something to share. I made monkey bread (PW recipe), and like always, it was completly divine and wonderful! This recipe may have a lot of sugar and 2 sticks of butter, but it's so well worth it. Trust me. And your friends and coworkers will love you more than they already do.


And then, in an attempt to just fill time and control my wild little students, we went to the computer lab and played on this site. This little website is a bit addicting once you start playing on it. They enjoyed it, and when we got back to the room, the kids begged to make their own snowflakes. Voila! A winter wonderland!

While we may have received no REAL snow here at the beach (not that I'm bitter and jealous or anything), this is second best! I plan on keeping these up in our window 'til mid February.

Thanks for all your book suggestions on my last post! I've added a bunch to my 2010 list. If you have other suggestions, please feel free to add 'em!

12 comments:

  1. Aww. Aren't you just the cutest teacher! :) That Monkey Bread looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Loooove Monkey Bread!! Good choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your monkey bread looks great!! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. where did you get your dress?? too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look soooo cute (and pretty!), I love how you did your hair! and that monkey bread... I need to make it! oh it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awe the snowflakes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what's cuter you, or the monkey bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm I'm pretty sure that I love your blog! Thanks for entering my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cute tan sweater/sweater dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the paper snowflakes! I would have gladly traded you the real thing for those!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your snowflakes look soo pretty! Mine just have a bunch of holes in them. I guess I need to practice more!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the snowflakes on the window is a GREAT idea! i may add some to my windows...considering we don't get snow either :(
    em

    ReplyDelete