Sunday, December 13, 2009

New Home

Here I am, sitting in my new living room, beer in hand, blogging away!

The move went well yesterday. The movers had all of our furniture out of the old place and into the house in under 3 hours. We have a few odds and ends at the apartment still, but all of the necessities are here. Hopefully by the end of next weekend, we'll be all finished with that apartment.

We've done a little unpacking and we're starting to get settled. Top priority, though? Christmas lights! Never been able to hang lights outside before, so this is an exciting step for us!

Once we're a little more unpacked and less crazy person (which I totally am right now), I'll do a little home tour. Just ordered this tonight (thanks to Kate for the recommendation on her blog last week, we need it in this tight space!) and we've still got lots to put away and hang. I can't wait to share our new space with you all!

11 comments:

  1. Congrats!! We moved into our new house over Thanksgiving weekend and we still have boxes scattered everywhere. I don't mind putting those off for awhile- we finally feel like we can function and have people over, which feels amazing. And the first thing I completely unpacked? The Christmas decorations! :)
    Enjoy setting up your new home! It's easy to get stressed over the whole ordeal but just don't forget to take in the moments of happiness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's great, glad the move went well! Good luck with unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!! COngrats on the new house!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad you are finally in your new place! And trust me, I would consider the lights a priority too! I cannot wait to see pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congrats on getting into the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to know that the move went well & that you're almost 100% settled in! Can't wait to see more of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that the move went well!! We decorated before pretty much anything else, too, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the move! I'm a huge fan too of the outdoor Christmas lights. My father never, ever hung them, and when he did, it was one pitiful string.

    I can't wait to have my own place and hang my own lights!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!
    Enjoy those lights welcoming you home every night - it's a fantastic feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATS for the nw living place ! it's always great to make a cocoon for a love story !

    ReplyDelete