Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Vacation is here!

School is out and I am happily on vacation. If you follow my twitter, than you know that yesterday was a bit of a struggle. I hate class parties, and yesterday was no exception. But I made it. Ornaments were made, lots of junk food was consumed, and then I came home and drank a few glasses of vino. All was well.

This evening, we're leaving for Richmond to be with our families for Christmas. We're lucky because our parents live about 25 minutes form each other. It makes it easy to do the holidays with both families. We'll be with my family through the 25th, and then off to be with J's family on the 26th. Hopefully, at some point in there we'll get to visit with a few friends.

Just want to share with you how sweet my little students are. While my job is certainly a challenge at times, my kids are sweet as can be. Look at all of the sweet things they brought me. This is just a small handful of all my goodies. In addition to all this, there were lots of candles, lots of candy, and lots of cute handmade cards and ornaments!

Love the card she made me!

But the cookies are even better! Iced ginger bread = simply divine!

These are just a few of the Starbucks cards. These children hooked me up this year. Mrs. W now has $40 to feed her peppermint mocha addiction!

And the yummiest candies ever!

Aren't they the greatest? I am really blessed to work at my school. My students and parents are top notch; however, it's still nice to have a break for a week and half!

7 comments:

  1. I think I could handle $40 worth of mochas!! YUM, iced gingerbread!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I definitely relate to school holiday party day..ahh so crazy! Stop by my blog if you have a chance...I posted a cute little song for all of us bloggin teachers :) Have a great break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $40 of Starbucks would only last me a couple weeks, sadly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your well-deserved break!! And enjoy the Christmas festivities with your families!

    Merry Christmas,
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what I got Ethan's teacher, a Starbucks card. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ferreros = THEEEEE BEST <3 Mixed with Starbucks...mmm...lucky you! :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great gifts! I didn't know you tweeted!!

    ReplyDelete