Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wedding #9 of '09

As I've mentioned before, we were invited to nine weddings this year. Saturday was the last one. But one I was looking forward to the most! Last month I posted about her bridal shower and bachelorette party. The bride is one of my best friends from childhood. We're still close today, and it was so wonderful seeing her marry such a great guy.

The wedding was fabulous. The ceremony was at St John's Church in Richmond, which, for all you history buffs, is where Patrick Henry gave his famous speech..."Give me liberty or give me death".

I took dozens of photos but I'll just share a few...

Rehearsal Dinner


Wedding Day



Dancing to "Like a Prayer"...this started in high school at homecomings and proms, and since then it has been played at all of our weddings, and I'm sure this tradition will continue as more of my friends get married.

dancing with her dad


My parents + me


The couple had a choreographed first dance, which was hilarious. I only wish I had it on video. It was such a fun wedding and I wish them the best. Love you Jeanne and John!

Oh, and I have to add this, per special request from a certain friend...

I wasn't going to buy a dress to wear to the wedding. I was going to recycle an older dress and wear it again, BUT then I went to Target last week and found this:

Perfect for the wedding and upcoming Christmas parties! And it looked extra cute because I paired it up with these shoes and some shiny black earrings...

A cute little ensemble AND it was all under $100. I was pleased!

14 comments:

  1. Cute dress! I think I'll have to head over to Target to snag one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! 9 weddings?!?! this one looked like a lot of fun. cute target dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shoes! Super cute outfit. And we have 4 weddings already next fall, I know how you feel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress came from Target? For real? I love it! Looks like a beautiful wedding. I'm glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dress and shoes! And I'm not even a shoe person! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We adore Like a Prayer in my group of friends, too! Gets us every time!

    And love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress and the shoes! Love it even more that it was all under $100. I am a HUGE bargain shopper!
    It would be great to meet up with you when we are on vacation. I love VB! It is my favorite place to be-so relaxing and beautiful (and clean). If I remember correctly, you also teach 4th grade. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought those SAME exact shoes last month from DSW for a wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfit!!! Those shoes are super cute! I wonder if they make them in blue!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like I'll be coming to you for fashion advice from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww this makes me want to go to a fun wedding! The last one I went to was waaaay too hot and crowded and I passed out so... yeah.

    Your outfit is awesome! Love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a similar pair of heels in red... always team them up with black - love it! And now, I'm officially in love with the purple ones!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is so fun that they choreographed a song! i love that! and i love your dress and shoes, so cute!

    ReplyDelete