Thursday, January 14, 2010

5 things I love: January 2010 Edition

1. I can't get enough of these delicious cookies. The perfect compliment to a hot tea or cup of coffee. What in the world did I do before a Trader Joe's came to our city?


2. Currently reading Same Kind of Different As Me, and I'm truly enjoying it. Thanks to Blue Eyed Bride for the recommendation!


3. Excedrin. Yes this may sound crazy, but it's been a life saver in the past two weeks since we've gone back to school. I've come home many a days with some horrendous headaches, and two of these pills crush it. Seriously. It's my miracle drug right now.

4. Dove Intense Frizz Control, the reason for my good hair days. Well, this helps if I drag my lazy butt out of bed in time to shower and dry my hair before work. If all those things happen, then this little potion helps my hair look pretty all day. My roommate got me hooked on it and college, and I haven't looked back. And for $2.49, you can't beat this stuff.


5. Cribbage. My mother in law taught me to play over the holidays. While I find this game to be silly, absurd, and mostly made up, I secretly like it. I like it so much that J and I bought our own cribbage board at Target a few weeks ago. If you're up for a wild night of cribbage, I'm your girl.

12 comments:

  1. I also just started reading that book we will all have to talk about it when we are done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I've been wanting to read that book for a while. Glad to hear you like it. And thanks for the frizz control rexommendation, I can always use help with that! And for under $3? Yes, please! Also? I'm now wildly curious about cribbage. Will look into this ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love cribbage! when i traveled abroad in ireland we used to play it with the local old men ( :

    also- please tell me more about this book... my book club is doing it and i'm not sure how i feel about it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I love the trader joe brand dunkers!!! I also use that same hair cream to tame my mane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cried and cried during that book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love trader joe cookies! however I can't buy that tub of them b/c I eat them all : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. love tj's! :)

    and cribbage - my husband & i love this game too. it's so stupid, but so fun! also, i never win against him which i hate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad TJ's finally came to town because the drive to the TJ's in NN is a killer sometimes. Although, it is worth it because they have a World Market up there, too. Now, if only we could get a Whole Foods in our area...we would be set!!

    Excedrin used to be my drug of choice, but the rebound headaches were a killer. BC Powder (as nasty as it is) works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absoltely LOVE Trader Joe's!!! We actually just got back. I'll have to snag those cookies next time, and chk out that book. Great list:-)

    ~Tamara Nicole~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely want to read that book!

    I get major frizz too -- I need to try the Dove stuff. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so funny! I recommended the book last year on my blog. It's great! I'm reading it again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh, I totally understand the excedrin thing...I've got a bottle in my purse right now because it's literally been SAVING me from horrible headaches.

    ReplyDelete