Tuesday, January 5, 2010

brown paper packages

Exciting day in Rachel world! I got a little package in the mail...


a little package that just so happened to be the camera lens I ordered with some Christmas money:



I've been happily shooting pictures around the house all night and I'm loving it! I actually rented this lens over the summer (from here) to test it out on our vacation, and after one hour with it, I know I had to own it.

If you own a Nikon, I highly recommend this lens. It's reasonably priced and produces great, high photos. This review helped me decide which lens to get when I was looking. If you shoot with a Canon SLR, I've heard good things about this lens.

I'm just a little giddy about my new toy...can you tell?


Be on the look out for more shots like this!

12 comments:

  1. yay, that is so exciting! I LOVE our new camera, it is always within arms reach! It is so much fun to take pics with, and (most) people don't even laugh at me taking so many pictures (with the new camera or our old point and shoot) anymore, they're so used to it now, ha! I can't wait to learn more about all of it's functions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay that is exciting!! How many lenses do you have for your camera? My in-laws (who gave us the camera) gave us a separate lens with it one that shoots things far away, I just haven't used it yet. I need to further familiarize myself with the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN! I just jumped on the SLR bandwagon this summer and am still getting used to everything. My brother is a photographer and has a Nikon and loves it, can't wait to see you pictures! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome!!! I'm glad you were able to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww YAY! I have to admit I'm a teeny tiny bit jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. while i don't own this lens, i have used it before and know how wonderful it is... jealous!

    also -- found this place in richmond called the latent image - they repair lenses should anything happen to old ones... they may sell them too for cheap ( :

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just another reason why I need to have a D-SLR!! But, seeing as how I'm sending my new P&S back to Kodak for repair (because I dropped the wretched thing on our ceramic tile floor in the kitchen on Christmas Eve), well, upgrading to a $$$ probably isn't a wise idea! LOL

    I'm definitely coming to you for camera advice when I do take the leap...maybe that can be my big gift (ahem, Adam) for Christmas this year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very exciting!!

    The Mr. and I are coveting the Rebel... maybe someday soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting!! I'm totally coveting one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo, I'm jealous! Have fun with your new lens. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm dying for a Rebel!

    ReplyDelete