Monday, January 18, 2010

Let's Go Fly A Kite!

Over the weekend, my dad took my mom to Las Vegas (this was her Christmas present), and my fourteen year old brother and one of my parent's dogs came to stay with us. We had a fun weekend together. I bought Mario Brothers for our Wii on Friday, which made for a nice way to spend a weekend! I used to love Mario on my old Nintendo when I was younger, so I knew I'd enjoy the new version. We played for more hours than I'd care to admit.

On Saturday we went to a local park for a walk with the dogs, and J wanted to try out a kite he got for free from someone at his office. I thought it would be a big failure, but it turns out that he knew what he was doing.




I'm home from work today in honor of MLK Jr. Day. I plan on getting a lot done. I've already made a trip to the gym, but I plan on meeting J for lunch (at Five Guys, where every calorie I burned at the gym will return....and then some), several loads of laundry, a week's worth of lesson plans, and some serious cleaning around the house. There's always sweeping and vacuuming to be done with a dog who sheds as much as Layla!

Oh, and one last thing...I was thrilled to see Michael C. Hall win for Dexter last night at the Golden Globes. That's one of our favorite shows! And I'm sure no one is surprised to learn that I was just as excited to see Glee win best comedy. I have totally turned into a "Gleek" over this show! Don't you love it when a show you love gets recognized?

9 comments:

  1. So glad that you like Mario Brothers Wii...be careful its so addicting. Looks like you had a great weekend! Enjoy your day off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lot of fun with your brother. Enjoy your day off, and I too, am a total Gleek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are lovely pictures! Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your brother is a cutie, great pics. Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a fun weekend with your brother! Enjoy your day off I know I am! I was so excited to see Glee win too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picture of you and Layla!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally relate on the dog malting thing! Sucks more when they are black... oh and white floors are not a smart move (mental note to self).

    Also, was super happy for Toni Collette (fellow legendary Australian) who won for United States of Tara... love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love 5 Guys!! Now that you've mentioned it, I'm really wanting some!

    Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mario Bros Wii is so much fun! My husband and I play it on the 2 player setting for hours! We are so lame!

    ReplyDelete