Sunday, January 24, 2010

my hair is on fire

Some thoughts....

1. My head looks like it's on fire in this photo
2. I don't know anyone who went to Cal, I've never visited Cal, but I bought that sweatshirt for about $3 at a thrift store, and it's still one of my favorite items in my wardrobe.
3. In addition to having a burning ponytail, I also look a little giant-ish in this picture.

College, October 2005...was this really 5 years ago?

In February, I am going to visit LES, the lovely girl pictured above who was my college roommate and is still one of my dearest friends.

On Saturday I began to think about how much I'd like to visit her out in Illinois where she's attending grad school for urban planning. After very little thinking and a few google chats with her, I booked a flight for the weekend of February 20. I am not what I'd call spontaneous, therefore, this is a big deal! Also, I've flown many times, but never alone, so this will be a little adventure for me. He hasn't said it, but I'm pretty sure J thinks I'm gonna get myself stuck in an airport and miss my flight home. He might just be right...

Even if I am afraid of getting stuck in Ohio (or wherever I have to switch planes), It's so nice to have something fun like this to look forward to! A weekend away with one of my favorite people.

6 comments:

  1. aww, you guys are so cute, flaming hair and all! =) I am so excited for you, you'll do great, and I have faith in you, that you'll make it home exactly when you're supposed to ;-)! (and you are so tiny, you could never look like a giant!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your thoughts are cracking me up! What a fun event you have to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, that will be SUCH a fun, if spontaneous trip! It'll be so good to catch up, even if you do have to fly alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm flying by myself to California in March so I will probably miss at least one of my flights haha, I've never flown alone either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you'll have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always make me laugh (and I usually whisper under my breath, "Rachel is SUCH a nerd") In a good, adorable way, of course!

    ReplyDelete