Sunday, January 10, 2010

weekend ramblings

Remember last week when I bragged about my new camera lens? I'm gonna do some more of that. Hope you don't mind. I'm just in love, though. I really can't help it.

This was our Saturday night, plus a few episodes of season two 30 Rock. I love Netflix play now!


And this is the princess dog, being whiny in her chair because we wouldn't let her play scrabble or drink a beer with us. Her life is so hard...

It's been a nice little weekend around our house. In addition to 30 Rock and Scrabble (which, btw, quick little shout out to my wonderful sister in law who bought it for us for Christmas!), J bought his new computer that I mentioned yesterday, and since he hooked it up, I haven't seen a whole lot of him. He is in the process of designing several phone apps, which if all goes well, will make us millionaires. Sounds like a plan, right?

I've spent a large portion of my weekend working on the school yearbook. That's right, in addition to teaching full time and being head of the safety patrols at school (that's another post for another time...safety patrols might just kill me this year), I am also the one and only person designing the school yearbook for 2009-2010. I signed up for this job because I wanted to do something "extra" at school this year, and the nice thing about yearbook is 1) I can do it all at home in front of the TV while wearing my pajamas and 2) It doesn't involve more time with kids. Yearbook is turning out to be way more work than I anticipated. I do enjoy putting the pages together and it hasn't been awful; however things are about to get ugly at school once I begin collecting money for these darn books.

Fun little fact about me: I lose lots of important stuff. Like my Social Security Card and folders full of student work. And my keys...everyday. Oh, and I've permanently lost my cell phone multiple times...

How in the world will I keep up with yearbook money from the whole school. The whole thought of collecting $25 checks from children all over the building has my heart beating faster. I have been working on an organization system, but it still needs some tweaking.

So there you have it. I have poured my heart out about all of my organizational fears. And I shared a few pretty pictures from my faaaabulous new lens. If you read this whole post, thanks for listening to my ramblings!

And come back tomorrow. Last week after my meal planning post, several of you asked where I get my recipes and what I like to cook. I can't wait to share!

16 comments:

  1. oh your lens is awesome! i especially love the lighting in those pictures - so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty pics...enjoy the new lens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pictures! I was reluctantly assigned to the yearbook this year. I was the editor of my high school yearbook and loved it however, this is more of a chore to me this year bc I am so busy with grad school. maybe next year I will enjoy it more? also - so there with ya on the collecting money thing! I'm always misplacing field trip or book order money! Luckily it has all shown up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohh - my organizational secret - DELEGATION.

    I am loving loving loving your new lens!! HAVE to convince to hubs on that one for my birthday! I need a 50 mm for these months when we just can't get outside!!

    My son's teacher this year is in charge of safety patrol - UGHHHH - I feel so bad for her - it has to be a disaster, all those 5th graders, the snow, the sicknesses - just keeping track in general of something "extra" -

    Can;t imagine doing yearbook on top of that!!!!

    Looks like an awesome (WARM) weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just start an excel spreadsheet to help keep track, then place all the money in one envelope!! haha, focus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pics are great, we love Scrabble! I want a new big girl camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sure is a sharp lens you've got there! I love the fun around the house shots. :)

    I'm eager to see where you get your recipes, too. Day one of my meal planning went well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh hun, I do the yearbook at our school (K-12 school) so I totally understand. It takes over your life! Hang in there! Let me know if you need help! I've done it for a couple years now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! I took on an after school job last year that I sort of regret now. I enjoy being with the kids, but when 3:35 rolls around, I want out! I just can't say no...

    ps. Love your new camera shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your camera takes such incredible shots!

    I can't believe you are doing yearbook all by yourself! When I was in 8th grade I was on the committee for the middle school one, and even with all those people it was still SO much work. I'm impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA! Ha! I love the picture of your scorecard! We had a similar scorecard for Uno...Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are great pictures! I'm super impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pictures look awesome! Teach me how to make the background oh pretty please!! I have been experimenting with my camera alot lately but cant figure out how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I lose tons of stuff too. And always important things like my cell phone or car keys. It drives me nuts! And I'm pretty sure my husband is sick of it as well hahaha.

    I love Scrabble. I need to buy that game!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun fun fun! Congrats on your camera lens:-) I'm REALLY wanting a fish eye and zoom lens this year, we'll see how it goes!

    ~Tamara Nicole~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pics! I found your blog through a link to your meal planning pages. I love them already!

    ReplyDelete