Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome, 2010

2009 was a great year with lots of fond memories, and I hope I can say the same thing about 2010 in a year from now!

So, here I am jumping on the "New Years Resolutions" bandwagon...let's begin!

In 2010, I hope to accomplish the following:

I hope to start new friendships here, in our little city. I have found that it's such a struggle to meet new friends as a adult. While I still have many friends from high school and college who I keep in touch with and I love dearly, I wish I had close friends here. There are some friendships that I have formed in our new town, and I hope to nurture those in 2009. But in addition to those people, I hope to open myself up to new friends. Why is being a grown up so hard sometimes?

I want to become more involved at the church we go to OR find a new church that is a better for me. Has this been hard or a struggle for anyone else? I never thought I'd find this to be difficult, but it's been a challenge since the time I left my "comfortable" church in my college town. I want to get involved, and I'd like to find a circle of friends through a church.

In 2010, I will be less judgmental. Something I am not proud of, but something I am going to start working on today.

I will continue my yearly goal of reading 12 books in a year. Hopefully I will surpass that goal again! I already have a big list of "to-reads" waiting for me!

Another goal I want to keep for myself is going to the gym. I joined our local Y last January (which, by the way...I love my YMCA!), and unlike most new years gym joiners, I stuck with it. I want to keep going 3 to 4 times a week, and I'd really love to see myself in a healthier place one year from now.

And last, but certainly not least, I will visit an allergist this year. In the past 5 years I have developed terrible allergies. I believe it's to dust or mold, and I don't think it's seasonal. Either way, it's no fun. I am so miserable some days due to my runny nose, sneezing, and my ears constantly itch. I complain all the time, and that's not fair to J. So, by the end of January, I hope to have set up an appointment.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

So, there you have it. Nothing earth shattering, just a few realistic goals. Here's to a great year!

16 comments:

  1. Happy New Year lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the adult friendship thing. It is hard to maintain great friendships with people when you are out of college...I want to work on that too. Sometimes I am just so tired from work that I don't feel like socializing with people but I need to force myself to do that when the opportunity arises so that I can also create stronger friendships. Hope that suggestion helps you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those are great resolutions! I need to try being less judgmental as well. I should add that to my list of resolutions! Same with the allergist. I went a few months ago and tests were inconcluive so I got frustrated and stopped persuing it. I should go back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those are some really great goals! happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy new year : bonne année 2010 ! may you realize all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm soooo hearing you on the adult friendship thing! We moved 1500k's from my family and friends and besides the gym I have no way of making friends (I'm not religious and I work from home).

    On the allergy thing... I'm the same - allergic to dust and pollen. Antihistamine is my savoir!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely relate to every one of your goals. I think we are in very similar places in life!
    Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree about the friendship thing. After college all of our close friends moved away and we basically had to start over and it was much harder then we thought it would be. I hope 2010 brings you guys lots of new friends!! I have loved getting to know you through 2009, and enjoy getting to know you more during the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree about finding friends as an adult and finding a new church. I only recently found a church that I clicked with, after being in the same area for over a year. Hope 2010 is a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your goals - especially the 12 books one. i always start and never finish books :)

    and i'm with you on the allergist, too. i so need to go but keep putting it off!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meeting and making new friends as an adult is SO hard. Even harder (I think) when you have kids & you may like the person, but not their kids or vice versa! Also with being married it is a rare find to meet someone where I like her, hubby likes him -not to even mention do the kids mesh well??

    Good times.

    And finding a new church? The worst. But I will say that getting involved at church is usually pretty easy & usually rewarding. I have only lived here since July and just started going to this new church - already joined a study - getting ready to do our second book - nice group of women - I definitely see some potential relationships there :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh girl, you know I'm right with you, on all of them (and I did go to an allergist many years ago and I have a dust allergy, the doc even said no matter how clean you keep your house it'll always be there, thanks =), I think it's gotten better, unless I'm in a few of our relatives houses that are not so dust free=))!

    It is so hard to stop comparing new churches to an old one that you really liked. We're in the same boat. Although none are perfect and there were a couple things we'd change about our last one too. But we are so looking forward to meeting new friends at our "new" church too!

    Great resolutions! It's going to be a great year!=) and hopefully we'll make it down to your town again soon=)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband and I have moved a lot and I get what you're saying about making new friends! I should add that to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete