Tuesday, February 16, 2010

College BFF

During my sophomore year, I was asked to live in a house (for the following school year) with seven other girls. I knew most the girls, but Laura was a stranger to me.

In the big beautiful house we would all be sharing, there was room that had to shared. I didn't know Laura, I didn't want to share a room, but for someone reason, I agreed...and six years later I know that it was God tugging at my heart telling me to suck it up and just share the room with this girl who I knew nothing about.

I think back now to how much I wanted my own room, and how afraid I was to share a room with a total stranger, and I laugh at my insecurities and worries. God definitely had a hand in placing this friendship into my life.

I knew it would all be okay when she agreed that we should paint our walls hot pink and have a flamingo shower curtain in our bathroom.


In addition to sharing a room, we also drank a lot of hot tea, ate a lot of Grandma Utz potato chips (no really, we ate a TON), took a lot of dumb photos, shared a lot of clothes, listened to too many songs on repeat, and we had a lot of political arguments.

You could also find us singing songs from Wicked into our ice cream cones...


Or pretending we were one of the snotty rich girls on The OC.


Or just looking happy and excited on charter busses....


I know she will probably read this and be angry at the pictures I chose to share with the interwebs. Sorry, friend.

I cannot wait to fly out to Illinois and visit her this weekend! Here's hoping that the forecast stays clear and I can safely fly out there for a weekend of fun!

14 comments:

  1. OH! I love you both!! Have so much fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, have a fabulous time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww..what great pics! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those are some pink walls! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the ice cream pic! looks like you two had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 7 other girls!?!?!? That's crazy to me! I've only ever lived with two other people at the most and that was crowded enough for me :)

    Have fun with your bff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My two college roommates - randomly assigned (all God, too) - are still my BFFs. They are my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every girl should have a best friend like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. as much as we complained in that house, it was so worth it. have SO much fun! i'm so jealous! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  10. Y'all are too cute!! I hope you have a fabulous trip!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay, I'm so excited for you! i hope you girls have such a fun trip! what a special friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so jealous too! Love y'all! And how I WISH I had a scanner at home. I have pictures of LES and I from way back in Elementary/Middle School. Those pictures sure are entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am just reading back at some of your older posts and I so had that bedspread in college. The striped one. I loved that comforter :)

    ReplyDelete