Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day my friends! J and I don't do much to celebrate this holiday, but that's fine by me, especially since I teach elementary school! Everyone knows that there's nothing better than an elementary school card exchange. Let me give you a peak at my decorated envelope of goodies that I received on Friday....


Here's a closer look at all the treats! This year's most popular cards included Harry Potter (!!!) and Animal Planet.


My most prized possession from the day though, was this singing AND dancing stuffed dog. One of the little boys is my class brought this for me. He sings "Upside Down" by Diana Ross but with the voice of an old man who is a smoker. Layla was pretty freaked out by him at first, but as you can see below, they're good buddies now.


What I will do with this dog, I have no idea. But he's provided some great entertainment in the past few days.

I'm sure that none of your valentines can compare to my singing and dancing dog, but I sure hope it's a good one!

11 comments:

  1. Too cute!! I got a few animal planet cards myself. One of the girls also got me an adorable stuffed teddy bear that Oliver now thinks is his baby. I couldn't say no to that!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right - you got the "top dog" - makes my flowers dull in comparison :) haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I miss those school holiday parties!!! I would love to see that singing dog in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha love the dog! Valentine's card swaps are one of the things I miss most about elementary school. Lucky you still get to participate! Happy V-Day, friend! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww - how sweet!

    I hope you guys had a great Valentine's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss the old school days of valentines day cards! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, that is so funny and cute! it was so much fun giving and receiving all of those little valentines, ahh the memories=)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww...so cute! My mom got me a singing monkey from Hallmark..I guess they'll just be put in my holiday box to come out next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love me a simple relaxing holiday! Looks like your students went all out for you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw how fun! I got to work in an elementary school class on Valentine's Day this year. It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete