Saturday, February 6, 2010

perfect day


This is my snow/Nor'Easter day. We've had pretty much non stop rain since yesterday afternoon, and then around noon today, it turned into snow. There's a possibility of tidal flooding in a few hours, so needless to say, we're not going anywhere. We've stocked up on the necessities (red wine, beer, pita chips and horseradish hummus), and we're taking it easy today. I'm about fifty pages away from finishing Half Broke Horses (thanks to my friend Rachel for recommending this one!), and then I hope to start Firefly Lane, which several of you have blogged/tweeted about.

Pretty sure there couldn't be a more perfect way to spend my Saturday!

14 comments:

  1. Just finished Firefly Lane a few weeks ago, and it's fabulous! You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great book choices! Perfect idea of a snowy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firefly Lane is on my TBR list! We've been holed up since yesterday afternoon with all the snow here! Tomorrow's going to be rough with shoveling, but as long as we keep power I figure we're good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect day planned! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful plan! You'll have to tell us how you like them! I need something new to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good plan, I should plan more days like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy Firefly Lane. I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love being kept home by snow or ice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Saturday spent reading sounds wonderful! And these both look like good reads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree!! Perfect day!!

    And you will have to let me know how you like Firefly Lane - I have been wanting to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The weather out there sounds crazy! I'm reading Firefly lane in a couple of months. Can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let us know how the books are. Always looking for recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVED Firefly Lane!!! Seriously, cried at the community pool!

    ReplyDelete