Friday, February 26, 2010

turkey trouble

So I spelled "pancake" wrong in the title of my last post. It really was a typo. I promise I know how to spell.

And now, so I don't waste a whole post on defending my spelling errors, a quick snippet of a conversation had in class today...

One of my reading groups is reading a book called Eat Your Vegetables and Drink Your Milk. It's (surprisingly) about eating healthy and taking care of your body.

After reading a few pages, one of the girls shares with the whole group about the time she ate too much turkey at Thanksgiving and she had a horrible stomach ache. This would have been a good time for me to tell them about how over eating is bad for us, but she went on to tell us that she spent the whole night "on the toilet". Before I could stop her, she graphically told us about this night and the odors it left behind.


Ten year olds have no shame.

12 comments:

  1. Oh man! How do you keep a straight face during that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eyyyyeiieieeeeyyiiiii.

    Should be a warning {sign} on the insert of the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, that's so gross!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't know how you don't start laughing in their face. I wouldn't be able to not smile and keep the laugh in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right...kids have no shame!

    And, I totally did NOT notice the pancake typo. My eyes barely left the picture! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! How in the world did you keep a straight face?!? Hilarious and gross!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love stories like these, for some reason i laugh so hard (just did right now) my sister is a teacher and i always make her share the funny ones with me. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeeeeewww I do love stories like this though ha ha

    ReplyDelete