Tuesday, March 9, 2010

family time

When I was in fifth grade, my brother was born. It was a snowy Friday in March, which is a bit rare for Virginia at that time of the year. I remember playing at a friend's house that afternoon (3 weeks before my mom's due date), when my mom and dad showed up to say that she was in labor and I'd be staying the night at this friend's house. I woke up the next morning with a baby brother.


Last week that brother celebrated his 15th birthday. I am still having a hard time figuring out when he became a teenager. It's pretty crazy to me.


On Saturday, he and my parents came down for a birthday visit. We went out for pizza, followed by ice cream sundaes at my favorite drive in. On top of all that, it was a gorgeous day. I love my family, and I feel so lucky to be just two hours from them! Well, most of them. My little sis who is living in NYC isn't quite so close. We missed ya, Linds!

8 comments:

  1. you are the cutest 5th grader ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a cute family! Sometimes I love having a sister 10 years younger and sometimes it's difficult because she thinks she knows everything. It definitely has been a help with teaching because I tend to know a lot more about what's going on in "their world".

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUCH a sweet picture of you and your baby bro!! Glad you got some family time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're lucky to share moments with your familly : enjoy each of them , life is so short ! And happy birthday to your little bro ( oh and you have the exact sweet face today as at ten year old)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are too cute! Happy Birthday to your brother!

    I know what you mean about wondering when your siblings got so old! My brothers are turning 22 and 20 and I cannot believe they're both going to be in their 20's and one of them can legally drink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great family portrait! I just love getting together with family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, Happy Birthday to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like your baby brother had a nice 15th birthday!

    ReplyDelete