I typed up a whole post earlier about how draining my job is, and how I sometimes contemplate whether or not public education is the right fit for me.
And then I thought that maybe I shouldn't post it. Partially because it's the internet, and you never who is reading, and partially because I don't like adding negativity to the lives of others. And really, who wants to read another whiny blog?
Although I have my "issues" with my job right now, there are still things I love. Shall I share with you?
1. Being the nerd that I am, I get a thrill out of designing lessons for the computer lab.
2. I know more about Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift than most 26 year olds thanks to the girls in my class. In fact, today I edited a paper on what makes Miley and Taylor different.
3. I also read a paper today comparing dogs and cats and it began with "If there were no dogs, cats would definitely rule the world..."
4. Even on bad hair days, someone always tells me I look pretty. Little kids are kind like that, and really know how to boost my self esteem.
5. Our cafeteria makes some fabulous corn dog nuggets (my extremely guilty pleasure food, but I'm all about being honest on here).
6. Each day I get to share my love of reading with 23 other (little) people.
7. When I play Bunco with my coworkers, my 63 year old mentor teacher always drinks more than anyone else. This always leads to a fun time.
8. I have a killer colored felt tip pen collection. I am proud to say I never grade with red ballpoints!
9. I get to wear my tennis shoes on Fridays.
10. When I am out for a day, I come back to 23 little people who are thrilled to see me. They act like they haven't seen me in years.