Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oh happy day!

What a wonderful day.

I got to have lunch out today at work. This is the second year our principal has allowed the teachers a day to go out to lunch, and she finds coverage for our class for an hour. Today my team got to go, and we enjoyed a quick but wonderful lunch away at Baker's Crust. It's amazing how nice it is to get away for a full hour. If only we could do that everyday! Sadly, I'll continue to scarf down my lunch in my allotted twenty six minutes each day.

After coming back to school, I just had the best afternoon. I try not to blog too much about the specifics of my job on here, but I will say that a lot of hard work is paying off in many areas, and it just feels wonderful. I love being noticed for my effort, and even more, I love seeing my hard work pay off in the students.

So life is good. I whine so much about my job, but today was really a good one.

Oh, and did I mention that I tried a new recipe for dinner? Tonight was Cilantro Lime Shrimp served over brown rice and these fabulous Cuban black beans from Trader Joe's.


If I had thought of it, I would have taken a picture of the shrimp, but you'll just have to trust me. This is a meal worth making! And it's fairly healthy.

Here's hoping that my last three days before spring break go as smoothly as today did.

13 comments:

  1. yah! as a teacher, i totally know how you feel!! our small lunch breaks, completely make us enjoy the small things in life like a lunch break!

    have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's freaky-- we made the exact same recipe for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have totally made this recipe before - with the trader joes' beans - they're awesome! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dinner sounds amazing! So happy things are going well at work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad things are going well for you at work! I know all my teacher friends are struggling right before break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a teacher i know what " hard work is paying" means , really ! It's so important to see our pedagogic "treatements" helping our pupils.
    I'm very surprised you can't eat outside when you want : tell me why , do you have to be with the children during lunchtime? Here we are freee for 1 hour and half for lunch and personnal work .

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you that work is going well. The cilantro lime shrimp sounds delicious. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those black beans! They have such great flavor. I bet they went well with the shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I'm glad you got a break from work and got to enjoy a whole lunch hour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for lunch out! What a sweet thing for your principal to do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. as a fellow teacher I know how much a lunch out can mean....and I'm glad to hear things are going well for you at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have that same recipe starred in my reader! Almost decided to skip it, but I suppose I'll have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just added this to my recipe list for the week. It sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete