Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wishful Wednesday - Olympics!

So, I must admit, I've been reading Kelsey's blog for awhile, and I love all of her WW posts, but I've never participated in one. Not anymore! When I read this week's topic, I knew I had to participate!



'I wish' .... I could have gone to the 2010 Winter Olympics to see one event, and it would have been the men's 1500m short track!


Some of you may already know thanks to older blog posts and from my twitter, how much I love and respect Apolo Ohno. I think he is serious athlete, who is incredibly talented at what he does. I've watched him in all three of his Olympics, and in '02, '06, and again in '10, I have been nothing but amazed by his talent and grace. I think Apolo (along with almost all of the Olympic athletes) is an excellent role model for children. His dedication and hard work are something that I would love to see a few of my students pick up on.



The 1500m was probably my favorite race of his this year, as this was the one where he won the silver right at the last second when two of the Koreans went down. My heart raced through this event as I sat on my couch.


But I really would have been happy to see him in any of his races! In fact, I would have loved to have been there for any of the short track events...men's or women's. Watching Katherine Reutter win her silver in the women's 1000m was another highlight for me!


Now that you all know what an Olympic nerd I am, I think it's fair to say that I am very sad to see The Olympics end. While I prefer the winter games, I'm already getting excited for London 2012! J's already talking about going to Sochi in 2014...he's quite the curling fan! I wouldn't complain too much if we made the trip. We'll see!

To play along, go here and add your post!


Photo Source 1 and 2 and 3

10 comments:

  1. So glad you played along! It is always neat to read everyone's responses. I love short track too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you a Dancing With the Stars fan? He was great on that show...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was an Olympic nerd too this year.
    Curling....just don't get it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apolo is awesome! You're right, that race is great and a hold-your-breath kind of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the Olympics, and actually miss watching them now that the games are over! I'm a huge fan of Apolo's... and curling. It's hilarious how into curling everyone is! Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so wish you could have seen him too! That sport was just crazy to watch, and I loved when they pushed their partner off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed the winter olympics! I can't wait for 2012 -- There's a loooong shot that I may go to London for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I AM SO GLAD YOU PLAYED BY THE WAY -- woot woot, I finally lured you in!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sad the Olympics is over too :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really became attached to Apollo this Olympics! I hope he's back in 4 years!

    ReplyDelete