Tuesday, April 13, 2010

2010, FTW!

Some fabulous things about being alive in 2010:
  • I can visit my libraries website and reserve books, movies, and CD's, and then just a few days later, I drive a mile to my library and pick it up...for free. Could it be more convenient?
  • Goodreads.com...the next best thing after reserving books at the library is reading their reviews from strangers and friends. It's also a fabulous way to track what I've read over the years.
  • Netflix. I love having a giant list of movies waiting for me to watch. Even better than the list is the fact that I can watch half of them instantly with the click of a button on our Wii!
  • Kayak.com: This website is amazing for when it comes to looking for cheap flights. I have been quite the stalker for the past few months as I've looked for flights for Europe. Happy to report that I made my purchase on Friday night!
  • Being able to keep track of our busy schedules with Google Calender. J and I have been sharing calendars via GC for almost four years now. It makes my life so easy. We have calendars for everything. And they're all color coordinated!
  • This one will come as no surprise...food blogs! I find about 75% of my recipes online on blogs. I love a good cook book, but I love how so many food blogs walk you through a meal step by step with pictures; this is something most cookbooks don't offer.
There's a lot to be thankful for in the 21st century...what is there in 21st century that you love and find makes your life a little better or little more simple?

12 comments:

  1. I love Google Calendar, too! We recently got new Palm Pre phones and I love how it automatically syncs our Google Calendars... keeps them color coordinated, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I would do without Google Calender! My husband and I have been using it for years too. Netflix is pretty amazing too! The last time I actually went to a movie store was ages ago. Are we spoiled or what :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Goodreads.com!!! I found that website not too long ago and it is just so helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave and I live by Google Calendar. And we're synched to each other's, so we can check when we're free and not worry about missing things or making plans when we already have something scheduled. Works WONDERS. :) I also love Google shared documents. So easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love being able to get all of my medical records online when switching doctors instead of having to go to the dr's office and ask for huge files to carry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great, positive post. I need to try google calender...I can't seem to break away from my written planner but I think its time for me to join the 21st century and go electronic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Kayak! It's such a time saver!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun list, and it's all so true!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love being able to reserve library books online. My library has a special program for teachers where I can call them with a topic we're studying and then they will put out a ton of books for me..very nice!

    I couldn't live without DVR...It's not for lazy people who can't put a tape in the VCR (like I once thought). It's heaven in a box!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Good reads! It always suggests the greatest books to read once I've entered all my books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i do love blogs. i use visual bookshelf on facebook for my books that i want to read and books i have.

    i love the internet cause i can find shows i watch on there and not have to deal with commercials. i have recently discovered google reader for reading all my blogs SO much easier than opening each window. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really think I need to get around to buying Netflix! I love movies, but somehow just haven't made the actual purchase :(

    ReplyDelete